We recognize that you may have some questions or concerns about the recent Coronavirus, or COVID-19 outbreak. The steps you can take to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19 are generally the same as those for the flu. Our providers recommend visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s website for the most detailed and up-to-date information.
For patients who are ill or who recently traveled to a country where COVID-19 has been reported, we recommend that you postpone treatments and RMA Long Island IVF office appointments. Most people who contract COVID-19 will not require hospitalization, as symptoms are often mild enough that one can recover at home, however, pregnant patients are at high risk of developing pneumonia if they become infected.
If you are experiencing symptoms (coughing, fever > 101, and/or difficulty breathing) associated with COVID-19:
Please do not come into the office for care – contact the team for instructions and re-scheduling of appointments.
- Seek medical care with a primary care physician.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. Cough or sneeze into your elbow if tissues are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using household cleaning sprays or wipes.
Advice to patients:
- We are discouraging patients from bringing partners, friends, and family members to any office visit
- We do not recommend traveling to countries where COVID-19 has been reported.
- If you recently traveled to a country with ongoing person-to-person transmission of COVID-19, please let us know before coming to an RMA Long Island IVF office for your scheduled appointment.