Measuring Reproductive Hormones
Nearly every process and function in our bodies are governed by chemical messengers known as hormones. Measuring your hormone levels helps us get a full picture of what’s going on inside your reproductive system, including ovulatory function, egg quality, and ovarian reserve. We measure the serum hormone levels of:
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH): an essential hormone for ovarian function
- Luteinizing hormone (LH): a hormone that plays a key role in triggering ovulation
- Anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH): an important hormone for both ovarian function and embryonic development. A woman’s AMH level provides an estimate of her ovarian reserve (the quantity of eggs in the ovaries)
- Estradiol: a hormone responsible for secondary sexual characteristics, as well as preparing the uterine lining for implantation
- Progesterone: another hormone that plays an important role in preparing the uterine lining for implantation
We also perform thyroid function testing. The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped endocrine gland located in your throat that is responsible for making and releasing hormones. Thyroid hormone imbalances can sometimes interfere with fertility and ovulation.
Assessing Uterine and Fallopian Tube Anatomy
Female fertility issues can sometimes be caused by structural issues in the uterus and/or fallopian tubes. To get a clear understanding of your internal reproductive organs, we perform a wide range of tests, including:
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Saline Sonogram / Sonohysterogram
Why RMA of New York – Long Island: Female Fertility Testing
Since 1988, RMA of New York – Long Island has provided fertility patients throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties with advanced, high-level fertility care, including comprehensive fertility testing. Our unique approach to infertility care is firmly rooted in creating an individualized experience for each patient, using the safest and most effective technologies available, all with the convenience of being a local, neighborhood practice. When you walk into one of our fertility clinics, you can expect to work with a compassionate team that is dedicated to guiding you along your family-building path.
Visit us at one of our six convenient locations on Long Island, or request a consultation and take the first step toward growing your family.