Women have resources available to delay pregnancy until the time is right. RMA Long Island IVF offers egg freezing services to provide women with the option for safe preservation during peak fertility without affecting the ability to create a healthy pregnancy. If you are not ready to get pregnant yet or not entirely sure you want to have a biological child, fertility preservation gives you the ability to make that decision when you are ready without the potential complications that can arise later in life.
Reasons Egg Freezing May Be for You
Fertility preservation provides the opportunity to delay your decision to have children. There are many reasons for doing so, but some include:
- A medical condition. Some examples include endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and premature ovarian insufficiency.
- Medical treatment. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer and other illnesses.
- Personal reasons. Whether it’s finances, relationships, career, schooling or you just are not sure, you have options.
Understanding the Process
- Fertility Testing. First, your doctor will have testing completed by having blood drawn, to analyze your ovarian reserve and for infectious diseases. In some cases, there may also be an ultrasound to measure overall ovarian function.
- Ovarian Stimulation. Hormone injections are used to stimulate the ovaries and produce multiple eggs for harvesting, typically over a period of 9-11 days.
- Egg Retrieval. During a short procedure that is completed with the patient under mild anesthesia, the eggs are located, extracted by the doctor and prepared for cryopreservation and storage.
- Egg Freezing. Eggs are frozen through a process called vitrification, which quickly freezes the eggs which are then stored until ready to be used.
Payment Programs and Insurance Coverage
Insurance may fully or partially cover the costs associated with egg freezing. Also, check with your employer for fertility treatment and preservation coverage. RMA Long Island IVF offers a team of financial counselors to navigate patients through the process and help to understand payment options, packages, and discounts. These are the main costs to consider throughout the process:
- Consultation, initial testing and fertility medication.
- Egg harvesting procedure and aftercare.
- Annual cryopreservation cost.
As a repeat RMA Long Island IVF egg donor, you can be paid to freeze eggs for your own future use through several egg freezing programs available to you.