Long Island IVF and Reproductive Medicine Associates of New York (RMA of NY) are joining our Long Island practices to create a new partnership, RMA Long Island IVF.
In addition to the Long Island IVF existing offices in Melville, Lake Success, East Patchogue, West Islip, and Stony Brook, RMA Long Island IVF will add a Garden City office, which will be run by Dr. Beth McAvey.
What this means for you
If you are a current Long Island IVF patient:
• Your care will continue without interruption.
• Beth McAvey, Medical Director of RMA Long Island IVF, will see patients out of the Garden City office.
If you are a current Long Island IVF Brooklyn patient:
• You may have already been notified that effective July 1st, 2019, Long Island IVF’s Brooklyn office on 12th Street will be closing. Moving forward, Dr. Zinger will be seeing patients at our Lake Success office.
• To minimize any inconveniences you might experience during this transition period, we would be happy to arrange to have blood work and certain ultrasounds performed at RMA of New York’s office in Brooklyn Heights. Dr. Zinger will continue to manage the care of his patients who have blood testing and sonograms completed there.
• If you have further questions or concerns, please call our office for assistance at (718) 375-6400.
If you are a current RMA of New York Long Island patient:
• On July 1, 2019 the Garden City office will transition from being an RMA of New York practice to an RMA Long Island IVF practice.
• You will now have the added convenience of completing your weekend and holiday monitoring and your IVF procedures at RMA Long Island IVF’s Melville facility.
Meet Dr. McAvey
"The biggest satisfaction I have professionally is establishing a strong physician to patient core relationship that lasts throughout the treatment cycle and beyond. I think it's important to stay committed until the end goal of pregnancy is achieved. It makes the “highs and lows” for the patient easier to handle knowing that I’m by their side throughout the journey."
Dr. Beth McAvey is a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinologist and Fertility Specialist who has earned the respect and admiration of her patients and her colleagues for her compassionate care and her clinical expertise. Prior to joining RMA of New York in 2015, Dr. McAvey treated infertile couples at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center’s Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Health. She is currently on the faculty at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, where she is actively involved in educating residents and medical school students, as well as treating patients for infertility, providing assisted reproductive technologies and minimally-invasive gynecological surgery, and performing egg freezing for both medical and social indications. Dr. McAvey is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. She is also a member of both the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and the Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
After graduating with honors from Syracuse University, Dr. McAvey earned a graduate degree in Reproductive Biology, graduating summa cum laude from Johns Hopkins University. She then earned her medical degree from the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center. Dr. McAvey completed her residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at the New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center and went on to complete her subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Montefiore Medical Center.
Dr. McAvey is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Distinguished House Staff Award from New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center as well as an award for surgical excellence in the field of gynecology from the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists. She is also recognized as a 2018 New York Super Doctor and 2019 Castle Connolly Top Doctor.